A heated swimming pool means you can use your pool for most of the year, if not all year. Early morning workouts and late night dips are possible with a heated pool....that's why we want a pool!
Solar pool heating gives you all these pleasures without the ongoing costs since energy from the sun is free. Other water heating systems both require large amounts of non-renewable energy like gas, or electricity, and are less user-friendly.
Solar heating works by moving water through many small black pipes being heated by the sun's energy. Various systems have been developed to heat and move water from the roof and into the pool, all of which have their draw backs:
- Leaking- with so many joins, usually done on site, joins can and do eventually leak. Apart from losing water, pool chemicals will quickly corrode roofing and guttering materials.
- Impeding rainwater flow- metres of abutting pipes and silicone glued sheets smother the roof surface which is designed to remove water quickly.
- Thermal efficiency- pipes are commonly laid flush on the roofs surface so only the top part of the pipe receives the suns energy.
- Multiple fixture points- the more fasteners added or disturbed during installation the greater the installation cost and chance of future leaks.
Welcome to Thermotube 2000
Thermotube 2000 was developed and is manufactured by Boomerang Pools as a dedicated and more efficient pool heating system. Here is why Thermotube 2000 is more efficient and durable:
No more leaks. The manifold (or header) is connected to the pumping equipment of the pool. The solar tubes all join to these manifolds. These joints are fused and joined by a special machine and chemical glue at our factory. On virtually all other systems these joints are done-on site by traditional methods and are prone to leaking. Constant expansion and contraction of theses joints due to weather will eventually weaken the joins and leaking or breakage can result.
The solar tubes which join to the manifold are spaced. Cross tubes ensure all the solar tubes are secured in an orderly, spaced fashion. The header, solar tubes and cross tubing are referred to as a mat. The mat is affixed to the roof and sits on spacers. The spacers hold the mat above the roof surface thereby not restricting the flow of rainwater.
Thermotube 2000 is brilliantly engineered to heat water much more efficiently than conventional systems. The spacing of the solar tubes allows three forms of heating to act simultaneously, utilising all the solar tube surface:
- Traditional absorbtion.
- Convection from the roof surface.
- Reflection from the roof surface.
- The joints in the mats are pressure tested at our factory, well beyond normal operating pressures to ensure no leakage on your roof.
- Can be secured to the roof using existing fasteners with very few fixing points for quicker and cheaper installation. No new holes are drilled onto the roof.
- A series of mats are joined only at the manifold to the required width. The manifold is class 12 PVC. Manifolds can be colour matched to your house.
- Are easy to move for roof repairs.
- Each square metre contains 1142 welded joints and will heat a generous 1.57 litres of water, generating 4 KW of heat.
For more information on Thermotube 2000 pool heating call Boomerang Pools on 07 5495-7355 or contact us online.